Accredited Employer Work Visa
Do you want to apply for a work visa for New Zealand? Fill in the form below to get in touch.
New Zealand AEWV
With an Accredited Employer Work Visa, you can
- Work in New Zealand for an accredited employer who has offered you at least 30 hours work a week.
- Study for up to 3 months in any 12 month period, or do any study required as part of your employment.
- In some cases, be eligible for a Straight to Residence Visa, or after 2 years in the role a Work to Residence, Highly Paid Residence Visa or Care Workforce Work to Residence Visa
- Your visa will be valid for up to 3 years if you are paid at or above the New Zealand median wage of NZD $29.66 an hour, and for up to 2 years if you are paid below the median wage.
- This visa ties you to the employer who offered you the visa application for the length of your visa — if your situation changes you will need to vary the conditions of your visa or apply for a new visa.
- You may be able to support a work visa for your partner and visitor or student visas for your dependent children. You can only support your dependent child’s visitor or student visa if you earn at least NZD $43,322.76 each year.
Greenlist & Highly Paid Skilled Residence Visas
There are general application requirements for the Straight to Residence, Work to Residence, Highly Paid Residence and Care Workforce Work to Residence Visas.
These are that on the date you apply for your residence visa:
- you are aged 55 or younger
- you, and if applicable your partner, and dependent children aged 16 or over, meet the English language requirements
- you and your partner, and dependent children in your application meet health and character requirements for residence.
If you hold an Accredited Employer Work Visa or another type of work visa, you (and any family if applicable) still need to meet the health and character requirements for residence. These are different from the requirements for temporary work visas.
New Zealand Green List
Chief Information Officer
Civil Engineering Technician
Construction Project Manager
Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist
Electrical Engineering Technician
Electronic Engineering Technician
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Environmental Research Scientist
ICT Managers nec
ICT Project Manager
ICT Security Specialist
Intensive Care Specialist
Medical Laboratory Scientist
Medical Practitioners nec
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Other spatial scientist
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Product Design Engineer
Production or Plant Engineer
Project Builder (including Building Project Manager and Site Foreman)
Registered Nurse (aged care)
Registered Nurse (child and family health)
Registered Nurse (community health)
Registered Nurse (critical care and emergency)
Registered Nurse (developmental disability)
Registered Nurse (disability and rehabilitation)
Registered Nurse (medical practice)
Registered Nurse (medical)
Registered Nurse (mental health)
Registered Nurse (paediatrics)
Registered Nurse (perioperative)
Registered Nurse (surgical)
Registered Nurses nec
Renal Medicine Specialist
Resident Medical Officer
Software and Applications Programmers nec
Specialist Physician (General Medicine)
Specialist Physician nec
Telecommunications Network Engineer
Thoracic Medicine Specialist
Dairy Cattle Farmer (Dairy Cattle Farm Manager) including Dairy Farm Manager, Assistant Dairy Farm Manager and Dairy Herd Manager
Diesel Motor Mechanic (including Heavy Vehicle Inspector)
Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher – registered
Medical diagnostic (Medical Imaging Technologist)
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Radiation Therapist
Secondary School Teacher
Let's Get Started
Here's what our clients have to say
Get in touch with us
Eager to start the process but unsure of where to start? We’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you might have. Contact any one of our three offices (Johannesburg, Ballito or Auckland, NZ)