Skilled Migrant Visa
Do you want to apply for a skilled migrant visa for Australia? Fill in the form below to get in touch.
Australia Skilled Migrant Visa
Skilled Independent Visa (Points Tested Stream)
This visa allows the applicant to stay and work in Australia permanently. This visa has initial 5-year travel facility, once it expires the visa holder will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) visa so they can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident or consider Australian citizenship.
With this visa, the applicant can stay in Australia permanently, work and study in Australia, enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare, sponsor your relatives to come to Australia, travel to and from Australia for 5 years.
- You can only apply for this visa if you are invited to do so.
- Have a suitable skills assessment.
- You must be aged under 45. You can still apply for the visa if you turn 45 after we invite you to apply.
- Be able to score 65 points or more (currently selection mark starts from 80 points).
- Have at least competent English, however for points purposes you will need to have at least Proficient level.
- Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) Point-Tested stream.
- You and any family who apply for the visa with you must meet immigration’s health requirement.
- If requested, family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health requirement.
Temporary Skills Shortage Visa (TSS)
This visa allows the applicant to:
- Work in Australia for up to 2 for your sponsor or work in Australia for up to 4 years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies.
- Study (you won’t receive government assistance).
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
- If eligible, apply for permanent residence.
- Be any age (no age restrictions apply).
- Be nominated by an approved sponsor.
- Have relevant skills, qualifications and employment background to perform occupation (some applicants must undertake a skills assessment to demonstrate this).
- You must have at least 2 years relevant work experience in the nominated occupation or a related field within the last 5 years.
- You and your family members must have and maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia.
- You and any secondary applicants who apply for a TSS visa must meet the health standard.
- You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you must meet our character requirement.
- You must be a genuine applicant for entry and stay in Australia as a short term visa holder and have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily and to comply with visa conditions attached to your visa– that is, you must be a ‘genuine temporary entrant (GTE)’.
- Have not contravened ‘paying for visa sponsorship’ legislative provisions.
- Primary visa applicants must meet certain minimum standards of English language proficiency unless exemptions apply.
Sign Up for Migration
Attach your CV after completing the contact form below to start your Process
Here's what our clients have to say
Get in touch with us
Eager to start the process but unsure of where to start? We’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you might have. Contact any one of our three offices (Johannesburg, Ballito or Auckland, NZ)