Job Opportunity New Zealand
National Technical Manager
Amazing Job opportunity for qualified, technical manager in New Zealand. Please read below and submit your CV for an assessment.
Job Opportunity -Technical Manager (NZ)
A fantastic opportunity now exist in our collaborative and supportive electricity and gas team located in Otahuhu. Reporting to the Project Directors, you will provide technical support to the Electricity & Gas NZ business. You will work closely with the Project Director to improved consistency in the application of processes and procedures as well as improving productivity whilst maintaining compliance and processes. In addition to managing and mentoring trainees/apprentices, you will provide specialist knowledge and expertise to both Ventia and its clients.
Minimum Requirements & Duties
Highly motivated, have strong demonstrable experience in Electricity Supply Transmission Substations and/or, Generation and/or Distribution Network areas. In addition to holding an Electricity Supply L4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent, you hold a an EWRB electrical worker registration and either have or are eligible for a practising licence.
You thrive under pressure and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders and conflicting deadlines. You have excellent organisational and time management skills and take pride in your quest for continuous improvement! You either hold or are willing to work towards unit standard 4098, Use standards to assess candidate performance as a minimum. Your commitment to surpassing customer expectations will ensure your success in this role! Your resilience and tenacity will ensure your success in this role!
- Hold or be willing to work towards unit standard 4098, Use standards to assess candidate performance as a minimum.
- Able to travel to work sites and depots on a regular basis.
- Providing an overview of the co-ordination, mentoring, assessing, and reporting of Apprentices/Trainees.
- Providing mentoring, guidance and support to field workers.
- Providing support to SHEQ Advisors as well as management of systems for high risk processes e.g., Permit to Dig Applications, Minimum Approach Approvals, High Voltage Work Management System etc.
- Managing on-site environment supervision requests from job managers and other contractors
- Providing guidance and support to switchers/outage co-ordinators/job managers/supervisors/project managers/project directors.
- Carrying out internal audits/reviews (switching, work tasks, documentation, etc) as well as providing SME support for incident investigation and reporting.
- In addition to providing technical support and pre-task safety briefings as required, you will provide an overview and support of the competency management processes.
- Management of technical controlled documentation (procedures, guides, forms etc).
- Supporting the development, skills and competencies of trade, field and supervisory staff;
- Providing support and guidance to increase effectiveness, efficiency, quality, productivity and best practice in the Electrical Services Business;
- To ensure national consistency and standardisation of works systems and processes;
- To demonstrate and encourage pro-active thinking and involvement of supervisory, trade and field staff
Send your CV below
Attach your CV after completing the contact form below to start your Process